We’re Pow Interactive. We are a dynamic, digital agency specializing in web, mobile and emerging technologies. We believe that User Experience is one of the most important aspects of design—from a brand’s visual appeal, to the interaction with their product or service—it has to be exceptional; it has to stand out from the crowd, but it also has to be simple, engaging, and intuitive. User Experience is a delicate balance of form and function, and in the highly sophisticated systems we work in, getting it right can be challenging. That’s why we pride ourselves on our reputation for delivering outstanding, brand-defining design solutions to our clients, including several well-known Fortune 500 companies.
We’re looking for someone with fresh, exciting ideas and a strong understanding of smart, functional, user-friendly design. We’re not looking for people to help us keep pace with the status quo; we’re changing the world of user experience, one interaction at a time. We believe in working closely together, and exchanging feedback in a constructive and respectful way. And we work hard to keep a low-ego, team-oriented culture. If this sounds like you, and the environment you’ve been looking for, look no further.
As a Visual Interaction Designer at Pow, you’ll be involved in a variety of different roles and tasks across our diverse client list, including brand design, media and data analytics, problem-solving and design solutions for financial services, and complex application design. We believe that teamwork is not an assembly line, but a cohesive group, so we work—and play—as a team.
In order to fully embrace and excel in your role as VID, you’ll need a proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Additionally, any knowledge of front-end technologies like HTML and CSS, or prototyping techniques like Axure will be a huge advantage, and will definitely come in handy.
• BFA in Graphic Arts, User Experience, Interaction Design, or a related field
• AND/OR a portfolio of relevant work samples that demonstrates an equal skill level
• Demonstrated passion for User Experience and Visual Design, and a genuine desire to make the world a better place through intuitive, user-friendly systems
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Simple IRA with matching contributions
• Paid vacation
• An office furnished with enough food and snacks to feed a small army, and a fully stocked drink fridge
• Pizza Fridays
• Once-a-month Pow nights out (We’ve been known to exceed this quota occasionally, but even in the busiest months we try to get out together at least once!)
Please send a resume and portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.